Hill Top, home of Beatrix Potter...

Last Summer we spent a few days in the Yorkshire Dales, just outside the lovely village of Clapham, We visited Malham and walked to Malham Cove, Clapham itself is a lovely peaceful village which sits beneath Ingleborough, one of the Three Peaks. From there you are within reach of the Lake District, where we visited Windermere and Keswick, but the highlight of this trip for me, was a longed for visit to Hill Top, home of Beatrix Potter, the cottage sits in the pretty village of Near Sawry, here are some of my
images...















I especially loved the wallpapers and this cubby hole...










I loved the fact she grew her own produce, there is a hive in the garden for Bees, and an orchard with wonderful views of the surrounding countryside. The cottage itself is small and quaint but full of charm and character!
So pleased I got the chance to visit...
Enjoy your weekend...

Comments

Popular Posts