Candle love....

If you like me are a candle lover, and have often wondered what to do with the candle leftovers that never burn through fully, then this useful tip from Sarah Moore's lovely book Homemade Gifts Vintage Style, will come in handy!


































The instructions are very simple to follow, I just melted down my old leftover candles with one new plain white one, in an old saucepan, removed the wick from the new plain white candle, once melted, held it in place over the chosen vessel, pour in melted candle wax and wait to set, thats it.....new candle to light!
So simple and no more wasted candle leftovers..........
Just a reminder, to enter the giveaway for this lovely book, please see my previous post.........
Have a great week!

Comments

  1. Very pretty and thrifty too! I love the glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!!!!
    Thanks for sharing that. I have lots of bits of candle wax left over from Christmas time so shall my my hand at that!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got loads of candle ends, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea!!
    I'm a bit late in popping over to wish a very Happy New Year to you and your family, I hope 2012 is kind to you and that you get all you could possibly wish for xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had loads of Yankee candle T lights with wax not burnt, so I got cheap plain T lights broken up, used the wicks and managed to make new ones. Thanks for posting this I might never have gotten round to making them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful handmade candles. My daughter & I use to make bees wax tapered candles. Love the idea of using up & melting old bits of leftover candle wax and vintage tea cups as holders ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds a great way of recycling leftovers, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Maria and Happy New Year!
    Great tip, thank you for sharing!
    Michela x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea, many thanks for sharing it. I love candle but do get a bit fed up with the last little bits that do nothing. Now? No excuse and I can get some more life out of them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I so look forward to reading them....
Regards
Maria

Popular Posts