At last! a little place to call my own......

For a long while now I have wanted to be able to get the sewing machine out, and leave it out, be able to leave what I started and go back when I had the time, and now finally..........












I have that space, a little desk and bookshelf in our conservatory, yes it will be cold in winter, but there will be plenty of light and nice view of the garden in summer!Don't get me wrong I am not a great machinist, in fact it is quite a while since I have had the machine out, but since watching Kirsty enjoy herself so much, with freehand embroidery I have wanted to have ago, and so with the help of this book by Poppy Treffry...

I highly reccommend this book for anyone wanting to have ago, everything is so easy to follow........ all I need now is the time to practice!!

Comments

  1. Aye winter is drawing closer and we need to cabin up! Good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much nicer to have your own space. I use my summerhouse and even last winter, with the aid of two fan heaters could still use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, it makes such a difference when you can leave the machine out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. now it's permanently "out" I'm sure you'll use it more...its the lugging it downstairs and setting it all up that puts me off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love my own sewing space :)

    Looks a really good book :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How delightful that you have a space of your own to give your lovely Singer a more permanent home. I hope that one day when I get a sewing machine, I'll be able to do the same thing, too.

    Thank you very much for your recent comment over at Chronically Vintage, I really appreciate that you popped in for a visit, my dear.


    Wishing you a beautiful Wednesday,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had a conservatory too!
    Enjoy your pretty "den" Maria!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab book! I am repeating to myself 'I don't need another craft,I don't need another craft...'!! Lovely to have your own little space, enjoy it!
    Penny x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I so look forward to reading them....
Regards
Maria

Popular Posts