Welcome to Country Style Living

My name is Maria and I run a website called Country Style Living. I love everything about the country way of life, from log fires in winter to sweet peas throughout summer. Walks with the dog, making strawberry jam, homebaked cakes, a wonderful bright colourful garden and above all else an individual eclectic country/vintage home and garden. The website is a chance to bring all that together, to enjoy browsing the markets and auctions, car boot sales and charity shops, looking for those special pieces that make such a home.

I love all things bright and beautiful, colourful pots and jugs, prints and fabrics.
I especially love Clarice Cliff ceramics and anything Art Deco.
Visiting Charleston Farmhouse, the Bloomsbury groups country retreat, was heaven!

I hope to visit Sissinghurst in Kent and Sarah Raven's garden in the near future.

Colour runs riot in my home and garden, through the soft furnishings, decoration and colourful prints and other objects.

These places and people have all inspired me and still do.

Comments

Popular Posts